Making proper use of the pre-move period
When it comes to moving house, time plays a very important factor. You just cannot kill time before the actual deadline of moving strikes. You need to make preparations two months prior to the actual moving day. Proper organization of the pre-move time helps you to save money you to a great extent. The more delay you cause, the more money you need to pour. The underlying fact is to save time in order to save money. You should create a proper moving schedule or plan to achieve the time management skills required. You can prepare your own calendar by doing certain pre-moving related tasks on each day. You can maintain a record for your own convenience.
Pre-move tasks might be a burden to you if done all at the same time. However, if you break these loaded tasks into simpler tasks and arrange them date wise, it gets much simpler. You might not even realize when you have finished with all the preparatory tasks for your moving. Thus, moving gets smooth and relaxing for you.
You need to make the to-do list first and then execute it. Your plan should have the following features:
- All the preparatory tasks that you need to finish before moving, such as dismissal of certain old things, separating valuable documents from other common items etc.
- There should be proper prioritization of the small tasks day wise. This would help you to maintain proper organization. In case, you skip a few days in between due to some urgency, you can get the lowly-prioritized tasks done later.
- Tasks should be attainable by you. Keep the heavily-loaded tasks for the movers. Do not make a list of tasks blindly. Make sure you are capable of completing those tasks.
You might end up doing some of the tasks that are usually performed by the movers. As a result, you can save quite an amount of money. However, consult with your moving company representative in case you have any doubt regarding how to carry out a specific task.
Hire an affordable local mover
Look for a local moving company with good reputation. You can assess the reputation by seeing the customer feedbacks. Also, you can ask your relatives or friends if they have had experience moving with these movers. Look for a cheap local mover. You need to do a bit of research in order to pick the best suited relocation company for yourself. You can check sites where the overall ratings are provided for each moving company. Certain companies might provide various discount offers at the scheduled time of your shifting. Look into all these offers, weigh the benefits and the odds and take a smart decision. Also, try shifting at a time when people generally do not shift. Odd time for shifting is middle of the month, winter season or rainy season, weekdays etc. You need to keep all these things in mind as well. The rates are much lower during these off-seasonal times. Rate is much higher during the summers, on the weekends and during the beginning and ending of a month. Stay miles away from the fraudulent moving companies that are provide tactical moves to lure in innocent customers. Only go for an experienced, credible and registered moving company.
Genuine reviews and testimonials from former clients or customers give you a much clear idea of the various services provided by the company. Apart from affordability, cost-effectiveness is also an important feature. You should get the apt services for the money you are pouring. Further you can get free moving quotes by contacting the moving company representative or online itself. Online might be a better idea if you do not want to meet up with any of the persuasive representatives before finalizing the top three moving companies for yourself.
You can apply the strategy of bargaining here as well! You can ask the local movers to lower their rates and only then shall you be a loyal customer to them and shall recommend them to your friends as well.
Disposal of useless items
One thing is clear: the more the items, the higher soars the price! Why take all the items with you? There might be many old junkies that are of no more use but just there to remind you of your past. Ditch the past! Move towards your future! The total weight of your shipment influences the overall moving price.
You can follow these guidelines to get rid of the waste items:
- You should visit every room and write down what all things are of no use at all. The created list can also help you in proper packing that shall be a major time-saver. To create this list will take time but it is worth preparing to get a good outcome.
- You can smartly dispose of these worthless items as well in smart ways such as selling, donating to charity, or recycling. This shall help you to get rid of extra weight by effective means. This might even help you earn some dollars in the process! In fact, the irony is that you can use this small amount of money to pay a portion of your relocation cost.
Do your own packing
It is a considerable means of reducing your overall relocation price. It applies for those who only have simple day-to-day items to relocate. You can easily find low-cost moving boxes from friends or from retail businesses that are recycling old cardboards. Replace bubble wrap and packing paper with old but clean blankets at home. Use bed sheets as space fillers inside the packed moving boxes.
However, in this whole process the catch is that whatever innovative steps you take, consult your local movers if you have even one percent of a doubt.